April 13, 2021
The Town of Lizton seeks to fill their Town Maintenance position. Candidates may submit their interest in the
position to the Clerk-Treasurer at Town Hall during posted business hours.
Duties shall include but not be limited to:
- General maintenance of Town property and facilities
- Street maintenance. Pothole patching, sealing, etc.
- Mowing, trimming, landscape maintenance, weed spraying of Town property.
- Street sign maintenance.
- Snow plowing and salt treatment of intersections.
- General maintenance and upkeep of Town owned equipment.
- Marking of Town owned utilities.
- Act as Town representative to contractors, engineers, or others performing work within Town limits.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid Drivers License (MVR check may be conducted)
Ability, or ability to learn, to safely operate Town owned equipment including: 1 ton dump truck, snow plow,
spreader, tractor, weed eater, chainsaw, etc.
Provide monthly summary of Town maintenance activities prior to Council meetings. Attend Council meetings when
Work schedule is self-directed. Duties such as mowing and snow removal shall be performed in a timely manner.